TissueTech’s initial research and development efforts were focused on the development of its cornerstone cryopreservation technology – CryoTek™.
The CryoTek process is a proprietary tissue-processing method that preserves the innate biological and structural integrity of the natural placental tissues and therefore preserves and delivers the regenerative properties of the placental tissue matrix. In particular, the CryoTek process is the ONLY method proven to effectively retain the Heavy Chain Hyaluronic Acide/Pentraxin3 (HCHA/PTX3) protein complex, which has been demonstrated to orchestrate the regenerative healing capabilities of placental tissues. CryoTek-processed tissues are also the only available placental allografts that have been shown to be equivalent to fresh placental tissue and superior to other available placental allografts that are provided in a dehydrated state.
Key Cryopreserved Amniotic Membrane and Umbilical Cord Components
Extracellular matrix (ECM) components found in cryopreserved amniotic membrane and umbilical cord regulate and promote regenerative tissue processes.1,2,3
- Heavy Chain Hyaluronic Acid (HC-HA)/Pentraxin-3 (PTX3) Complex
- Growth factors
- Collagens (types I, III, IV, V and VI)
- Anti-inflammatory Cytokines
These components found uniquely in cryopreserved amniotic membrane and umbilical cord provide critical biologic and healing therapeutic actions:
- Modulate inflammation
- Promote cellular migration
- Decrease scarring and adhesion formation
- Suppress pain
- Maintain stem cell quiescence to expand stem cell pool
- Rinastiti M, et al. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2006; 35:247-251.
- Jin CZ, et al. Tissue Eng. 2007; 13:693-702.
- Niknejad H, et al. Eur Cell Mater. 2008; 15:88-99.